Bryant Ambassador here I come!

Ever since I first toured Bryant University I have wanted to become an ambassador. The ambassador that gave me my first tour of Bryant helped me fall even more in love with it. I want to be that person for someone else. I want to help them envision themselves living, and growing up here. This thought motivated me to apply for the position as soon as the applications went live.

Here is a quick summary of what an ambassador actually is in case some people do not know. A Bryant Ambassador is more than just a tour guide. They focus on creating an inviting and exciting environment for prospective students in hopes that it will make their decision over which college to choose, easier. It’s a very competitive program to get in to.

During the last two weeks I went through the entire process of becoming an ambassador, and I have never been more nervous for something. I was first off, afraid that I would not even receive the opportunity to have an interview. Next, I was afraid I still would not get it. But thankfully I was granted an interview time and had another chance to prove how badly I wanted this opportunity. I quickly found out that it was going to be a group interview, and even though this is not one of my favorite interview processes, I knew I had to do everything in my power to make myself stand out. This is the trick to these kinds of interviews, and this I know for sure. You have to make sure that who you are and what you are saying will make you memorable.

Apparently I did just that in the interview process–I made myself memorable, because I was thankfully granted the position of ambassador. I do not think I have been this excited about something in quite awhile. All I have been doing since I found out I became an ambassador is to learn as much as I can about the different types of impacts I can have on incoming students. I have also learned so much already about what ambassadors get to do. It has only made me even more excited about everything to come. I cannot wait to make an impact on future students and to show them why everyday is a good day to be a Bulldog! image1-2