Family and Friends Weekend

This weekend on campus was Family and Friends Weekend! Unfortunately my weekend was a bit different than the traditional students time on campus, but I still had a fantastic time!

On Friday night I had the opportunity to attend the play, Laugh Out Loud (Cry Quietly) put on by the Bryant Players. This play was about online dating in New York City! I had a great time with my friends and had quite a few laughs during the course of the play. I would love to congratulate the cast and crew for an awesome production! I’m looking forward to attending their second play in the spring!

Instead of partaking in the on-campus events on Saturday, the crew team headed up about an hour north to Boston for the Head of the Charles Race. This is the world’s largest two day rowing event and the atmosphere was incredibly exciting! To have 12,000 rowers and over 2,000 boats in the same place was a new experience for me. There were hundreds of vendors, things to eat, and thousands of spectators. It was really fun to walk around and go in all the different booths! I even got to try out a water rower, which rowers typically train on when access to water isn’t available. Walking near the Charles River and seeing the different vendors was quite entertaining.

img_0568img_0575

Experiencing Boston was great, but the best part of this event was that our varsity team had the ability to compete with teams that participate at an incredibly high level. When the Bryant University boat crossed river where we had set up camp, cheering could be heard from everywhere! I also had the chance to meet up with one of my best friends from home! She goes to school in Boston, so it was great to see her for a bit before we headed home from the race.

On Sunday my parents had come up for a few hours before heading to a concert in Connecticut! We went to our favorite restaurant in Lincoln, RI, Trattoria Romana. If you haven’t been there before, I would definitely suggest it, if you’re in the mood for some great Italian food!

img_0589-1

Although I didn’t get to see my parents for long, it was good to spend some time with them. The next time I’ll be home is Thanksgiving, but that’s only one month away! I just want to say a huge thank you to the Student Senate and the Office of Campus engagement for hosting such a great weekend!