Why I Chose Greek Life

I inevitably joined something that I have been dying to be a part of since my freshman year–but had been too anxious to make a decision on whether to join or not. For me, freshman year was extremely overwhelming and it took me awhile to figure out where I wanted to go from there. But I always had a gut feeling that something was missing, and I knew exactly what it was.

Since I could not make up my mind to do formal recruitment during the second semester of freshman year, I ended up having to wait for informal recruitment the first semester of this year. By the time it came around I knew 110% that I was making the right decision. It was the missing piece in my life and something I desperately wanted to be a part of. I always knew too that I would find my home with Tri Sigma, there was just something about it that had always drawn me to it. Therefore, when I received my bid from them it was one of the best moments of this semester because I felt as if I was finally going home.

The next best thing that happened to me once I became a part of Tri Sigma was getting my Big. I never thought I would be as lucky as I am with the person that I got. It truly is a great feeling to know that I am part of a legacy of women that are similar to myself.

My Big and Grandbig!

My Big and Grandbig!

There is something about Greek life that is perfectly suited for my life. It’s something I am learning more and more about every day and have become even more thankful at my decision for finally becoming a part of it. I cannot wait to see where this lifelong journey takes me.