Paint Night Success!

For as long as I’ve been a student at Bryant (and for a long time before that), the Student Arts and Speakers Series has always hosted a Holiday Paint Night at the end of the fall semester. As a club, our mission is to encourage arts and culture at Bryant by getting students passionate and involved with these subjects. People look forward to this every year and make a strong effort to attend. Spots filled up within five days this year!

About 150 students came throughout three different paint sessions. Each session was home to a different painting, including a nutcracker, lighthouse and winter landscape. Paint nights are great because it gives everybody the opportunity to experience the joy of creating art. I was so impressed with the results! So many amazing masterpieces were made that night.

Here are some students painting a wintery lighthouse:

image1-1

I got to paint a winter landscape, a fresh new take on Van Gogh. It was supposed to have a nice little city in the distance but I went rogue and decided to make a very Van Gogh-esque Christmas tree. I’m no professional, but I think it came out alright.

painting

This is only one small example of what art and culture is like at Bryant. Sometimes I hear people complain that Bryant doesn’t have enough arts. I completely disagree with this, and I imagine the 150 students who were at paint night would disagree as well. Bryant has everything you could want, sometimes you just have to look a little closer.

Live in love,

Mikayla