The Beginning of the End

After next week, I have one semester left at Bryant University. I am going to type that sentence again because it has not registered yet. After next week, I have one semester left at Bryant University. As usual, this semester went by faster than expected. Finals are upon us and this blog post is my break from studying. So I will take this time to reflect on my semester highlights, starting waaaay back in August

Opening Weekend

You may have read my post about my precious Bulldog Leaders. For a week and a half at the beginning of the semester, I led a team of 22 wonderful people through Opening Weekend as we welcomed first-year students to Bryant.

dinner-with-the-prez

Pumpkin Picking

As autumn rolled around, my housemates and I went to a local farm and picked pumpkins to carve. It was our first fall activity.

pumpkin

Soul Summit

Presenting at the Soul Summit was a great experience. I got to share with other student leaders my experiences building a team and working together to execute a task.

fullsizerender

A Conversation with Jodie Sweetin and Sara Benincasa

The SASS committee brought two influential women to Bryant’s campus this semester. Jodie was the star of Full House and Fuller House and Sara is a successful author. Planning the event was a lot of work but the payoff was big.

jodie-and-sara-picture

Halloween in Night Class

I spent my Halloween night in class. While most people would think it was a drag of a night, we watched a scary movie and digested its feminist themes. Also, my professor dressed up as a classic witch.

halloween

Rally for a Reason

As you can see, a lot happened this semester. But my favorite thing to participate in was the Rally for a Reason, which I wrote about a few weeks ago. Nothing beats making a difference.

rally-3

Festival of Lights

A Bryant tradition, the Festival of Lights is one of the best tradition on campus. There’s candles, celebrations, and lots of festivities.

img_1716

As you can see, it’s been a packed semester. I’m crying now.

Live in love,

MIkayla