A Reflection on my first semester…

This is it! Finals week is approaching fast! The semester is actually coming to a close. I don’t know how it happened but my first semester at Bryant is almost complete. I’ve made so many memories, met so many great people, and had the opportunity to learn so much in this one semester alone. I’d like to take a step back and reflect on the opportunities and experiences that I’ve taken advantage of this semester now.

1- Move In Weekend

Meeting my roommate for the first time was incredibly nerve wracking. I had quite a few thoughts before arriving on campus. Was she going to like me? What if we don’t get along? What if she’s doesn’t want to be friends? I should have never worried this much because none of these things ever came true. My roommate was great, wanted to be friends, and wanted to get along. I used a lot of energy worrying about something that never caused me any stress in the beginning of the year.

2- Attending the Organization Fair

This was an exciting time of getting to see almost every club offered on campus in one huge place! I’m happy that I went and got to see all the different things offered on Bryant’s campus! This allowed me to see what I could get involved with.

3- Seeing a hypnotist for the first time

Let me tell you, I have never seen a hypnotist before, and boy was I in for a treat. Seeing the different stages of the students and stuff on stage getting hypnotized was somewhat entertaining, but actually seeing the different acts were incredibly funny! If another hypnotist were to come to Bryant’s campus I would definitely take advantage!

4- Going into Providence

I’ve had the opportunity to take the RIPTA into Providence quite a few times this semester directly from Bryant. I’ve had a great time doing so and getting to see what Providence is all about. From concerts, shopping, and going out to eat, I’ve definitely had my fair share of great times in Providence. Being so close to a decent sized city has been great and has given me the opportunity to continue my love of shopping and exploring. I’m looking forward to learning more and more about the city over the next couple of years.

5- Attending the Career Fair

This was a bit overwhelming to be apart of as a freshmen, but I’m so glad I went. There were hundreds of employers to talk to, free LinkedIn head shots, and much more! I’m glad I had the chance to experience what this event will entail as I progress through my Bryant career here.

img_0329

6- Going to the Festival of Lights

Wow! I’ve heard about this event on campus and I made sure that I attended! Religious celebrations by multiple denominations, readings from students, a speech from the President, all made up this wonderful event. The lit up Christmas tree is definitely a sight to not be missed on campus! This is a tradition I definitely won’t miss on campus for the next few years!

fullsizerender-2

Bryant has given me such a great opportunity to learn and grow and I couldn’t be more thankful. The last semester has provided me with so great events to go to do, places to explore, and memories with my friends. Leaving this place for a month is going to be hard, but we’ll be back here before we know it! Happy Holidays & a Happy New Year to everyone!

Go Bulldogs!