Recap of my break

16252466_10154962163143781_4873524317309288911_oBeginning school this session came with a sober realization that this was my last semester here at Bryant. Painful as it is to say, I know very well that all good things must come to an end.

Over the break, I was able to get a lot of things accomplished; I to watched the basketball team play at home for the first time, visited the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) as well as the CVS corporate headquarters to learn about their various businesses and opportunities, and participate in the Student-Alumni networking event at Liberty Mutual Insurance world headquarters in Boston.

20170112_150705My day at BCG was a truly memorable experience. I was the guest of Andrew Works in the Knowledge and Analytics group office of BCG. I had rare access to the inner workings of the group and BCG as a whole. I was able to engage in discussions with some of the senior level employees and leaders and even got to tour the consulting office on the 17th floor (it had breathtaking views overlooking Boston). Lest I also forget, I was also able to attend an office celebration for January birthday celebrants which was truly amazing.

Later that night, I was at Liberty Mutual Insurance participating in the Bryant 16179025_10154962163373781_6860588540184464568_oStudent/Alumni networking event. It was pleasant to see so many familiar faces and ones I had never met before. Student participants were rotated in groups of four across tables where different alumni who worked for various prestigious firms had been gathered. Great conversation was had, connections were made, and great times were had.

The very next week, I was at CVS, specifically within their finance building shadowing and meeting different employees with 23 other students from Bryant. We were separated into Accounting/Finance or Supply Chain and HR based on our preferences. I shadowed two people who went to both my former college and Bryant within their accounting department. Suffice to say, I learned a lot from their personal life stories. Because we had so much in common with regards to our life stories, the connections made were very genuine and I was thankful for that.