Senior Event #1

20170223_190447

Last Thursday, I had the opportunity to attend what was the first of events planned by the senior committee for the class of 2017. It was held in Bello in two shifts- 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm and 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

Senior events are organized specifically for graduating seniors at Bryant. They serve as a medium for ushering us into the alumni network.

I made my way to the nearest table I could be accommodated at and what do you20170223_191650 know, I knew virtually everyone there either from past classes or people who were part of the 2015 transfer student cohort. I hadn’t seen some of them in a whopping two years so it was good catching up and reminiscing. The atmosphere was full of smiles and camaraderie and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Some of the many new seniors I made small chat with expressed extreme joy about graduating and going out to “face life.”

I remember speaking to a couple who had expressed joy about pursuing graduate studies-some at other schools and some right here at Bryant.

Later that night, a graduation ceremony ticket was raffled off, a photo boot was available to capture moments and some important dates pertaining to senior week were announced. I left exactly at 8 p.m. because I had work to do but I had gotten a glimpse into how future events would look and I must say, I cannot wait!!!