The Final Leg

As the end of the semester approaches, your body begins to run on fumes. You no longer have the same amount of energy as you did in the beginning of the school year. Your body and your mind shuts down. You pretty much begin to give up and you start to care less about assignments or attending classes. This is the norm for any college student. It happens to all of us. Our only focus is Thanksgiving break that is approaching.

l3wzf

But you are almost there and you just need to make it through the next couple of weeks. So here are some tips to get through the next couple of weeks.

1. Get some sleep. You cannot go through the week without sleeping, even if it is only a couple hours your body will be thankful for the couple of hours that it gets. I try to take naps during the day so that I can stay awake to get all of my work done and it seems to be working out pretty well. A 30 minute nap does wonders!
  2. Stay on top of your assignments. Once you start slacking on your assignments that is where you will run into trouble and all-nighters. No one likes an all-nighter. Make sure you write all your assignments down in your planner or your homework book.
  3. A to-do list can also help you to stay on top of things. Start off with the most important stuff or the stuff that you need to complete for the next day or for the end of week. It will allow you to prioritize all your assignments. Why waste your time doing an assignment that is due next week when you have a 10 page paper due tomorrow?
  4. Eat! Do not forget to put food into your body! Your body needs food in order to continue. It cannot run on fumes. This is something that I am guilty of. My days are packed with a bunch of different things that I do on campus – classes, meetings, work…the list goes on. I tend to go through the entire day without eating because I do not have time to eat. So I decided to change that because eating is important. I keep food in my room and in my fridge so that I do not have the time to go to Salmonson (our main dining hall on campus) for every meal. Rather, I can grab something from my room while I am on the go.
  5. Exercise! Sleeping and eating is important but exercising is just as important. Take at least 30 minutes out of your day and head to the gym or go to a kickboxing class in the Chace Wellness Center. There are a variety of options on campus.

Hopefully these tips will help you to survive the next couple of weeks at school.

Good Luck! 🙂