SASS Presents: W. Kamau Bell

I’ve written blogs about events that SASS, the Students Arts and Speakers Series, has put on before, but I’m so excited to be officially on the SASS committee! As a committee member, I help plan our events from beginning to end. The first event we’re hosting since I was chosen to join the committee is “The W. Kamau Bell Curve: Ending Racism in About an Hour.”

W. Kamau Bell is a comedian, political satirist, and host of CNN’s upcoming show, United Shades of America. Praised by Punchline Magazine as “one of nation’s most adept racial commenters with a blistering wit,” Kamau was voted San Francisco’s best comedian by SF Weekly, the SF Bay Guardian, and 7×7 Magazine! We were so excited when he signed our contract agreeing come talk to Bryant students about racism in America today.

Planning the event comes with a lot more details than I ever realized. There are a lot of factors to consider but it’s coming along! The event isn’t until February 29th (Leap Day!), so we still have time to get everything together.

I think W. Kamau Bell will bring great conversation to Bryant. Racism in America is a hot topic lately and I think it’s important for everyone to understand the issues. SASS encourages Bryant students to engage in culturally rich activities and I’m so proud to be a part of it.

kamau bell pic

Live in love,

Mikayla