What My Sorority Means to Me

13082550_10206213305039471_1744113839041049931_n              On campus I am a member of the Delta Zeta sorority. It’s not your stereotypical movie scene sorority. We are much more than that. We are much more than a party. We are much more than just “a pretty face.” We are much more than paying for friends. Whatever your assumption is, trust me, we are more than that.

On Bryant University’s campus, the Greek community is very much respected. We are known for hosting major philanthropy events, volunteering, or raising money to support a local or national causes.

delta-zeta-1

To me, my sorority is my family within my new home. What I mean by that is, Bryant is my home away from home, and every home needs a family right? So that is what my sisters of Delta Zeta are, they fil the void of a family member by being a shoulder to cry on when you’re upset. They show you love and support during your best and hardest moments and they’re always there for you even when you don’t ask for it. And for me, that is all I could ask for in a family, and each and every one of those women have truly demonstrated that.

My sorority pushes me to be the best version of myself. Currently right now, we have a handful of sisters studying abroad, traveling the world, and facing new and challenging experiences. They encourage me to want to do the same. To see and try things that scare me, while creating memories that will last a life time.

They sorority motivates me to want to succeed throughout and after college. I see every day my sisters working hard in and out of the classroom. Working amazing internships and even continuing schooling after their four years. They truly embody the meaning of hard work.

delta-zeta-2

My sorority is much more than a party, a pretty face, or paying for friends. We are a national chapter, who helps the community, and encourage each other to be the best version of ourselves. This is what my sorority, Delta Zeta, means to me.