Social Media Team

One of my major goals entering college was not just to join a club or organization, but also to maintain a leadership-level of commitment. One of the organizations that I have joined and that continues to grow is Bryant’s Social Media Team.

When I joined the organization my freshman year, it was a small group of students who helped the Rhode Island Business Plan Competition run and organize their social media accounts. Three years later, not only are we continuing to provide them with the same level of commitment, but also continuing to grow our expertise in social media.

The biggest benefit that I have learned as a member of this student-organization is being able to improve my communication skills. As the Social Media Team, we act like our own business. The Rhode Island Business Plan is one of our clients, so we are providing them with our best effort in improving their social media accounts. Over the last three years, we have been able to increase followers as well as come up with new and creative ways to engage with their followers and viewers. As a team, we are also given the opportunity to live-tweet the organization’s business workshops in Providence. These can be a blast to cover, because not only is it a night of networking and representing Bryant, but it is also beneficial to practice accuracy when reporting on an event for followers who could not be there.

As for a little behind-the-scenes action of how the team operates, below is a picture of our Content Calendar where we organize everything that will be posted. This is our way as a team to visually see what is going on for each account while being efficient in the process.

social-media-team

The Social Media Team makes me think about my first couple of weeks as a freshman trying to figure out how to get involved on campus. Looking back now, it is tough to imagine that I would still be heavily involved with some of the same organizations, but one thing I do know now is that commitment is a strength of mine.