The Balance of Life and Gym

This year, I have taken a major commitment in finding a proper balance between working out and keeping up with my school work. This was one of the goals I wanted to achieve coming into the semester. As I have time to reflect on it now, I realize that I believe I have done a pretty good job so far.

Specifically, my routine started back in September between the first couple of days. My roommate, Joey, has been my biggest motivation in guiding me in shape. Our determining factor was the morning, because the mindset was if we did not go then, it would be easier to neglect the commitment all together.

As the routine started becoming legit as each day went by, the more I started to realize the impact it was having on my days. All of my days at Bryant are usually busy, adding exercise at the gym has made me notice that I have some more energy throughout the day.  It also just became an enjoyable habit to get into, because the gym became a place where I did not have to worry about anything school related – I can just listen to music and take a break from the work environment.

Overall, I realize the benefits having a healthy balance between school requirements and the gym have had on my days. It gives me an opportunity to relax and push myself in different ways, as if it is a place of a fresh breath of air.