And So The Year Begins!

Hello Bulldogs! Welcome back to Smithfield. I hope you had a great move-in and a fantastic first month here. To the future bulldogs that may be reading this, hello! I hope you’ve had a great September, and I can’t wait to show you what our school is about.

To re-introduce myself, my name is Angie Perrone and I’m a sophomore Marketing and Applied Analytics major from Berlin, Connecticut. I spent my first year here blogging about the First-Year Experience, my personal growth which included many adventures along the way. You can read all about them on this website. I had a great year last year which included joining the Women’s Rowing team, completing my Gateway courses, attending many on campus speakers and performances, like i2i, hypnotists and many more.

This summer I spent my time here on campus working in the Office of Conferences and Special Events and I was an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2021. It was a fantastic summer but I am so excited to be back here with my Dawgs! This year I am involved with Residential Life as an RA in a First-Year Hall, working for Intramural Sports and Admissions, Student Ambassadors who give tours and help with campus visits, and Women’s Rowing. I’m excited to share my experiences and stories on this platform and see where this year takes me.

In the past few weeks I’ve had a few moments that I’m incredibly proud of, one of which I’ll share. This month I planned two programs for my direct residents and the entire building. I put on one program for my residents entitled, “Speed Friending- Get to Know Our Residents.” I had girls chat about different topics which I had thought of prior to the event. I really enjoyed learning more about my residents and hearing their background stories. The best part of this event was after it was over, I heard some of my residents making plans to grab lunch or hang out after. It was something so small, but really had an impact on my day. I really hope to continue making impacts on this community, small or large, by staying active in all my commitments this year.

Go bulldogs!