Mentoring: The Greek Way

Whether you are in total support of Greek Life or not, I think everyone can agree on the fact that there are many healthy perks to it that can help create a better foundation for college students. For me personally, I always knew I wanted to be a part of Greek Life,  I just never knew of the impact it would have on me. How could one organization entirely change the way I perceive things? Or even the way I think? I blame it on a values system that lines up well with mine and helps to develop my thoughts more. But one of the biggest reasons behind my developmental process is the mentoring system I have acquired from being a part of it.

The big little process is one of the most important parts of joining a sorority. These individuals are supposed to develop the kind of bond that sticks with them throughout the trials and tribulations of life. For me I have always held my entire sorority family close to my heart. These girls are always my biggest support system, and are also my biggest cheerleaders. Therefore going through the little process this semester meant a lot to me.

Thankfully I clicked with a girl who shared the same characteristics of my family line and we are now big and little. It is so rewarding to see such a big part of my life expand even further. I know these relationships are going to be ones I keep with me for the rest of my life.