How to Survive the Week before Thanksgiving

It’s almost as if you can already smell the turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce in the air as the days fall past us, and Thanksgiving draws closer. As a college student you want to be able to enjoy the thought of seeing your family again and all of your hometown friends. But this really fun thing happens–every group project deadline is around this time, along with any extra exams that just need to happen. Therefore it turns the week before Thanksgiving into absolute crazy time. Since I am a junior year, and third time is supposed to be the charm, I think I finally know how to handle this week in it’s entirety. I have devised a list of things I now know to do in order to avoid this absolute mess:

• Planning ahead is key aka looking at your syllabus’ to make sure you know when all of your deadlines actually are.
    • This has led me to be able to delegate my time better and focus my attention more on the projects that are due sooner rather than later.
  • Paying attention to your extra curriculars to, sometimes you can cut back in some of them in order to open up your time for other things.
  • Me time: seems dumb and as if it is not important. But let me tell you–it is one of the most important times to set apart special time for. Without having your mind relaxed and focused you will start to lose focus on everything else as well.
  • Talking to your professors, let them know what is going on and if you need clarification on anything. At the end of the day all they want you to do is succeed. Bryant professors are some of the greatest people I know!

Before you know it you will be back home with everyone you have missed and love, stuffing your face with turkey! Happy Thanksgiving!!