Northeast Intercollegiate Sales Competition

Events like the Northeast Intercollegiate Sales Competition (NISC) are prime examples of why I enjoy being a Bryant Bulldog. Even though I have significant involvement in the Sales Team, and have traveled to multiple competitions over the years, nothing compared to hosting an actual competition on campus.

This year was our largest one yet – 23 schools and universities across the country came to Smithfield, RI to participate and compete against one another. Having major responsibilities in organizing the competition itself was daunting due to the fact of wanting everything to go as planned. But one thing I know for certain, is that a challenge that is presented to the sales team can be overcome without a doubt. Even though losing our logistics coordinator, the E-Board was still able to step up and deliver. More specifically, Nick Garrigan took over the helm and made sure everything was correct in order for the event to be successful.

Overall, the competition was fantastic. Even through there was some obstacles to overcome (as expected) we were still able to achieve our greatest NISC in history. As I was heavily focused on the messages I was receiving through my walkie-talkie, I cannot take for granted that Bryant won the actual competition, placing first and second in the overall competition. Another major accomplishment of the competition was the success of the Career Fair. As the team organized and helped the companies set up their career booths, the Career Fair provided real world opportunities for students that are about to enter the job market. For me specially, through all of the behind the scenes work of the competition, I was able to spend some time and network for myself. Even though competition at these events are a blast, the real fun for me is communicating with representatives of companies. The opportunity of having a career fair specifically for sales is something you cannot take for granted. With these opportunities now limited being a senior, I want to make the most of it.

Without a doubt, this time next year, I am going to miss being a part of this great event on campus. There is a rush that is hard to explain during it – it is like the time of day does not matter due to the excitement that is around you. Hopefully I will be back next year at a career booth, and then pretend to be a student again and volunteer.