Res Life Conference

RA Conference

On Saturday I attended the Rhode Island Resident Assistant Leadership Conference at Providence College! I had signed up to go over a month ago and I have been really excited for the day to come and it did not disappoint!

We started the day off with having lunch with people whom we did not know which gave us the chance to talk to people who we probably would not have interacted with and share our stories from Residence Life with others. I met many friends from Providence College, New England Institute of Tech, and URI! We had a public speaker who spoke during lunch about different Res Life experiences and how he had dealt with them as a student and also a professional.

After lunch we had an opportunity to choose three different sessions to attend. There were so many great choices from staff members in Residence Life to students to Head RA’s, it was difficult narrowing down the choices. I felt that I had learned so many different skills and programming ideas that I can take back into Bryant and share with my residents! (Hall 15 Third Floor Residents if you’re reading this- watch out for some new programs!)

After the three sessions they brought everyone back into a hangout location where dessert, popcorn and drinks were being served! They raffled away a few prizes from each of the schools and I ended up winning a cup and money holder from RISD! During this event members partook in Karaoke which was a great way to close out the event. Shout out to Paul from the Townhouses and Keke from Hall 15 for singing at the event!

I had a fabulous time getting to know other Resident Assistants, hear people speak with different ideas and viewpoints, and meeting new friends at this event. In the future I definitely plan on attending and who knows, maybe I’ll even speak at the conference! It was a great weekend and I’m looking forward to implementing some of the ideas that I had the chance to hear about!

Go Bulldogs!